Saturday 24 July 2010

An introduction

When anyone else other than me starts reading this stuff, they're going to need a bit of background so my first post is an introduction to me, what I do, what I think and what I'm going to be sharing over the coming weeks, months and (who knows) years.

As briefly as possible: I'm a multi-disciplinary planner with 10 years experience, now focussed on 4 categories: sport, luxury, food & drink and charity. Eclectic, but my view is that you do your best work when your interest is genuine.

As a planner I know 3 things:

1) the traditional marketing model is dead: everything's crossing over, everything's a hybrid. Gone are the days of the strategist without creative nous, the adman with no grasp of PR and discrete PR, ad, CRM campaigns . Every line is blurred.

2) it all starts and ends with content: you can talk the talk as much as you like but if you don't give it some substance with some great content (genuine news, video, photography, etc) your campaign is dead in the water.

3) innovate or die: sit still and you're screwed, online you either innovate or your brand dies a sad lonely death. Brands need to stay at the cutting edge and understand how their audiences are engaging with new technologies (yes luxury guys, you too).

I'm blogging because every week I discover stuff that makes me a better marketer and I want to share it more widely. I already share it through Twitter (@Macka7) and LinkedIn (http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/adam-mack/4/a85/2ab) but this will hopefully provide more insight.

My only hope is that it opens some 'old school' eyes to the potential of the cutting edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment